I want to tell you before we kick off this help guide to fix Resident Evil 7 error dx11.cpp 5042. Our guide provides 2 different solutions to fix dx11.cpp 5042 error in Resident Evil 7 on Windows-based PC. Resident Evil 7 is one of the craziest game ever. It is all about zombies and dead people. This video game was initially released on date 24 January 2017. Resident Evil 7 Biohazard horror video game which was developed and published by Capcom. Most of Windows operating system users are getting dx11.cpp 5042 error after the installation of Resident Evil 7.
So, we figured and tried out level best to give 2 methods to fix dx11.cpp 5042 on Resident Evil 7 game. In this article, I am going to show you, how to fix Resident Evil 7 error dx11.cpp 5042 createComputeShader failed.
Pre-requisites before running Resident Evil 7 on PC
You are seeing dx11.cpp 5042 error because you have not updated the Windows OS. At the time, your PC does not have required Windows libraries to run Resident Evil 7. Before you start to solve can fix the errors easily. Otherwise, you have to complete the following steps to fix dx11.cpp 5042 error. Here are further steps:
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- DirectX 11 should be installed properly click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Client Profile click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile click here
- Make sure you have minimum system requirements
How to fix dx11.cpp 5042 error in Resident Evil 7
At the very first place, this dx11.cpp 5042 error is common that rises in Resident Evil 7 on Windows when you first install it. You can solve this problem on your PC by following step by step guide on how to fix Resident Evil 7 error dx11.cpp 5042 on Windows-based PC.
Following are the simple steps to get started on how to fix Resident Evil 7 error dx11.cpp 5042:
- Click here to download Windows error fixer file
- On the download page, click Download button
- Once, the download is completed extract file inside the game directory (Where you have installed the game)
- Launch the game and play it
Fix dx11.cpp 5042 error in Resident Evil 7 in AMD GPU machines
In this guide, we are providing two methods to Fix Resident Evil 7 error dx11.cpp 5042. Resident Evil 7 will work on your PC if you follow the guidelines below. To solve dx11.cpp 5042 error in AMD, you need to follow these steps.
- Click right button on Desktop and select Configure Switchable Graphics
- From AMD Catalyst Control Center, select re7.ex and change the setting from High Performance to Power Saving
- Apply the settings for a while
- Run the game now
- Once your game is running you need to change the setting again
- From AMD Catalyst Control Center, select re7.ex and change the setting from Power Saving to High Performance
- DONE and happy to play Resident Evil 7
Do comment below if you have any issues while following through our guide on how to fix dx11.cpp 5042 error in Resident Evil 7.