You could not resist yourself from playing Wolfenstein 2 once you have watched the trailer. Wolfenstein is the best first-person shooter video game. By the way, you will love the gameplay of Wolfenstein 2. We advise you to play this video game on your PC at least. Well! many players are reporting failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. Don’t worry, we are writing this tutorial to provide a 100% working solution to fix failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2. Follow this step-by-step guide and error will disappear itself.
How to fix failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2
If you want to play Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus in your PC game. Make sure your PC meets the game’s recommended system requirement. Check out the requirement below:
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus System Requirements
- Processor (Intel CPU): Intel Core i7-4770
- Processor (AMD CPU): AMD FX-9370 or better
- RAM: 16 GB
- Graphic Card Requirement NVIDIA: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
- Graphic Card Requirement AMD: AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible using the latest drivers
- Operating System (OS): Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Minimum Disk Space: 55 GB
100% working solution to fix failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2
There are few ways to solve this error on your PC. You have to complete the following steps to resolve the issue. Let me tell that you have installed some miscellaneous programs to boost up GPU performance. Saved cache from those programs prevents you to run Wolfenstein 2 in your gaming PC. That’s the only reason you are facing this error to play Wolfenstein 2 without any error. Complete the following steps and let’s make this error disappear permanently. Here are steps:
- Disable the programs Nvidia GeForce Experience, MSI Afterburner all similar programs
- Disable the anti-virus
- Close all unnecessary tasks and processes in the task manager to free up the physical memory of the video card
- Maximize free memory
- Download CCleaner it has two main applications. First, it scans and removes unnecessary files, freeing up space. Secondly, it removes personal data, such as the history of views and a list of recently opened files in various programs
- You should update graphics card driver with their latest update. Updating can improve the performance or add support for new technologies, sometimes, It helps to solve the issues
If you have solved the error using above instructions then I am glad to help you. What if you are still having failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2. Watch the following, it might help:
Clean Cache from the Steam Client
Sometimes, you need to clean cache from the Steam Client. I have listed some of the steps to follow:
- Launch Steam
- Right-click the game in your library
- Select Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Click “Check the integrity of the game cache”
I hope this article helped you to this error from root. Before we finish this article, we have another issue to fix. Many users are reporting that there is a white screen bug in Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. The game stuck on a white screen error while the user is playing the game. This is one the most annoying thing that happens in the middle of the game. Let’s fix this white screen error.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Stuck at White Screen
Watch the following detailed video to fix this error on your PC. I hope this video helps you to solve the error easily. Don’t hesitate to ask a question with us if you are stuck with errors.
Thanks for reading this article and feel free to make a comment below.