Get ready to have latest system software update 5.05 in your PlayStation 4. Yes, It is a very good news for PS4 owners. It is just a beta update for PS4 but it has some really awesome features and comes with improved performance. In this article, We help you to update PS4 gaming console with the latest system software update 5.05. The new firmware patch for PlayStation 4 is 374.7MB and it delivers some stability tweaks.
Before we start to update your PS4 to the latest firmware patch. Let’s discuss little bit more about it’s features and other additional tweaks. The patch notes simply read at official website: Main Feature in system software update 5.05 – This system software update improves system performance.
Here are features:
- Now you can add your family members as a user in PS4 system. This makes it easy to manage your child’s account information and to restrict PS4 system features. To add family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management]
- As the family manager, you can set up your family users with roles of Parent/Guardian, adult, and child
- Multiple adults can be in your family. The family manager can assign the role of Parent/Guardian to other adults in the family
- There are many other features, you can find at this link
How to update system software update 5.05 in PlayStation 4
We are going to use Flash Drive to update firmware update in PS4. This update method can be used if your PS4 system is not connected to the Internet. You simply go to the official website of PlayStation to download latest firmware update file to your computer, and then save it on a USB storage device. Copy the saved file to the system storage of your PS4 system to update the system. Here are steps:
- Let’s begin the procedure to update PlayStation 4
- Connect your computer to the Internet
- USB storage device, such as a USB* flash drive (There must be approximately 375 MB of free space)
- On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
Using a computer, create a folder named “PS4”. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file, and save it in the “UPDATE” folder you created in
step 1. Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”. Click to start the download.
- Connect the USB storage device to your PS4™ system, and then from the function screen, select (Settings) [System Software Update].
Follow the screens to complete the update.
- If your PS4 system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.
I hope you have successfully updated your system software update 5.05. Let’s enjoy 3D games in your PS4. If you are facing CE-34788-0 error in PlayStation 4. You must check this guide to fix it.
You may also like:
- How to fix msvcp140.dll missing file error in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Download BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC
- How to fix MSVCR110.DLL missing error in Metal Gear Solid 5
- Divinity Original Sin 2: How to fix vcomp140.dll missing
- How to fix failed to allocate video memory error in Wolfenstein 2